Synthetic Biodegradable Food Grade Compressor and Vacuum Pump Lubricant
This product is a combination of high-grade synthetic base fluids and specially engineered additive systems. It is used successfully in equipment requiring this ISO viscosity grade which operate under severe conditions and where a food grade and/or environmentally friendly lubricant is required. These products are also designed for use in the food and beverage industries where incidental contact from lubricants may occur.
These lubricants are fully miscible with mineral oil-based oils and with PAG’s. Usually, flushing is not necessary when converting to this product. However, biodegradability will be reduced if two product types are mixed. Therefor residual quantities of old lubricants should be kept at a minimum. Furthermore, paint finishes should be on 2-part epoxy system. Metals such as zinc and tin should be avoided wherever possible. The cleaning effect of these fluids can dislodge large amounts of dirt, which can shorten filter life during changing period. Water content during use should be < 0.1%. Any collected water should be drained.
- Excellent film strength resulting in exceptional equipment performance that not only results in fewer breakdowns but helps improve production capacity.
- Excellent foam control, reducing heat, oxidation and wear. High contact regions are protected against wear for increased vacuum pump and compressor life and efficiency.
- Food grade. complies with FDA 21 CFR Title 21, 178.3570 H-1.
- For vacuum applications down to 10-1 mbar
- Good rust and corrosion protection.
- High flash & auto-ignition points
- Increased resistance to varnish, carbon and acid formation, providing better protection and longer service life, especially during extreme and/or hot operating conditions.
- Low pour point.
- Low toxicity
- Ready biodegradable (OECD 301B) and virtually non-toxic. These products are an excellent choice where leakage or spillage could enter environmentally sensitive areas.
- Reduced energy consumption.
- Reduced maintenance with very long drain intervals.
- Separates readily from water.
- Superb low-temperature capabilities and high viscosity index allow a wide operating temperature range.
- Very low volatility, lower evaporation loss for good vacuum performance.
Performance levelFDA 21 CFR 178.3570 H-1NSF H-1OECD 301 B